onsdag 5 november 2008

Mr President

"I would like to see a time when man loves his fellow man, and
forgets his colour or his creed. We will never be civilized until that time comes"

From Clarence Darrow’s seven-hour closing defense argument in Henry Sweet’s trial for murder in April 1926. Sweet was a member of a black family who reacted with force against a white mob trying to evict them from their home in a white neighborhood in Detroit.
(English version below)
Oavsett om Barack Obama lyckas infria ett enda av sina vallöften, så ger hans utnämning som den förste afro-amerikanska presidenten, hopp och visioner om en bättre värld för alla.
Man har talat mycket om att Obama utnyttjat tekniken väl i sin valkampanj. Att man haft ett stort nätverk av bloggare bland annat. Jag tror att det kan vara ett av skälen till att mer än tre gånger fler än vanligt var inne på min blogg igår. I förrgår hade jag några kommentarer kring McCain och Obama, och jag antar att researchers på olika tv-bolag hade sökt på Obama + Blogg och hamnat på min blogg. Det var besökare från: Comcast, TVcabo-portugal, Texas Mid-gulf cablevision och så vidare. Antar att de blev lite besvikna att finna min utifrån politisk vinkel inte helt seriösa blogg.

English Version

”I would like to see a time when man loves his fellow man, and forgets his colour or his creed. We will never be civilized until that time comes”.
From Clarence Darrow’s seven-hour closing defense argument in Henry Sweet’s trial for murder in April 1926. Sweet was a member of a black family who reacted with force against a white mob trying to evict them from their home in a white neighborhood in Detroit.

I do not know if Obama will be able to fulfill any of his promises, but even so, the election of Barack Obama as the first Afro-American president, gives hope and visions of a better world for everyone.

During the last couple of days I have heard a lot about how Obama has used the modern media (social networking, blogging). I guess that could explain why I had more than 3 times my usual number of visitors to my blog yesterday. Searching on blog and Obama would maybe have catched my comments from Monday on the Obama and McCain race. I had visitors from Comcast, TVCabo-Portugal, Texas Mid-gulf cablevision and many others. I guess they might have been a bit disappointed to find my page.

Inga kommentarer: